Re: Newbie problem

> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root   /dev/mouse -> ttyS0

This indicates mouse is on COM1. Is it really there?

> >  5) Does your mouse work in console mode?  Is gpm installed?
>
> gpm is installed, but I don't know how to use it in console mode...i'm still
> a newbie :)

You need to kill gpm. It seems that gpm causes problems, so you need to
either uninstall it, or prevent gpm from starting up on boot (usually done
by either removing the symlink from rc?.d/ directory to the gpm script in
/init.d, or just removing the script itself. But try to kill gpm first and
see if that helps at all. It should.

Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 Scorpio@hushmail.com