Re: FSCK!!! only 8 disks!!!!

> WTF?!?!?!?!?
>
> Please someone tell me that linux isn't limited to 8 scsi disks! If it isn't
> tell me how the FSCK to fix this. I'm trying to set up a raid array with 10
> disks after a couple crashes I read man MAKEDEV and found out that there is
> indeed a limit of 8 scsi disks. 8-(

$ zless /usr/doc/HOWTO/SCSI-HOWTO.gz

... read read ...

        ./MAKEDEV sd\*

  "should" create entries for all SCSI disk devices (doing this should
  create /dev/sda through /dev/sdp, with fifteen partition entries for
  each)

... read read some more ...

  I say "should" because this is the standard unix behavior - the
  MAKEDEV script in your installation may not conform to this behavior,
  or may have restricted the number of devices it will create.

  If MAKEDEV won't do the right magic for you, you'll have to create the
 device entries by hand with the mknod command.

  The block/character type, major, and minor numbers are specified for
  the various SCSI devices in section ``Device Files'' in the
  appropriate section.

  Take those numbers, and use (as root)

       mknod /dev/device b|c major minor

... yup, that seems to be it.

Boy, ain't that /usr/doc directory great :)

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)