Help with setting up a mirror

Hi,

I'm looking at setting up several machines running under vmware with slink
and/or potato. I'm currently running my network over a single 28.8 dial-up
connection, so I'd like to mirror the distribution trees (main, contrib,
non-free and non-US) and not have to download the same packages multiple
times. What would the best way to set this up be?

I can mirror the entire distribution tree for i386 (complete but slow) or
if someone knows a way to set up a caching proxy with a large cache
(preferable, especially if I could move the cache into a local
distribution mirror) I'd rather go that way to save bandwidth. Disk space
is not the issue here. I have about 10G or more free on my server, and I
can pop in an extra 4G into my vmware box if I need. But until Ricochet
upgrades or I can afford DSL I'm stuck at 28.8

Thanks,

Ian