Re: Starting programs on local x through telnet

>> "MF" == Micha Feigin <michf@math.tau.ac.il> writes:

MF> Is it possible to start programs needing x to run through the net
MF> (telnet, rlogin ...). How do i tell them to use my screen?

Best way is to install ssh (from non-us) and connect to the other
system with it. ssh will automatically do the right things to get the
X display right. and you will get an encripted and compressing
connection as well.

Don't do just "xhost +". This is a HUGE scurity hole. Instead use
xauth if you can't use ssh (it has to run onthe other end as well).
If you can't refrain from using xhost, at least use
xhost +remote-username@remotehost, start the programm and da a xhost -

Ciao,
	Martin