Re: Starting programs on local x through telnet

> Is it possible to start programs needing x to run through the net (telnet,
> rlogin ...). How do i tell them to use my screen?
> The program tells me its starting (it has a text output) and then doesn't
> do anything else (it's suposed to have a graphical interface). The remote
> system is a unix (one of the computers is running linux but it doesn't
> have all the relevant programs).

Yes. Start X on your computer, telnet/ssh/rlogin to the remote comp, set the
DISPLAY and then start whatever program you want.

DISPLAY should be set to something like <youripaddress>:0.0 . You might need
to set permissions for this with xhost

--
Andrew Chung                    ac111@cornell.edu
See http://anderoo.dhs.org/~anderoo/pgp.html for PGP key

It's a sin only if you dwell on the what ifs and the but ifs