lost+found or lost for good ???

I had huge problems with my hard drive, fsck apparently put all the files on the ext2 partition in the lost+found directory, I have 1 file of 1GB and 1 of 650 MB. I accessed both of them just by doing something like 'cd \#14477323' which had my root directory. I then VERY STUPIDLY did a 'rmdir *' in the /lost+found directory, which erased the directory that was used to access #14477323.

So now, I have no more access, debian just tells me 'Not a directory' each time I try to cd to it although the 1 GB of data is still in the file.

Does anyone know how I could get this data back ?

Thanks alot !!!

--
Christophe Clapp      \\  //  cclapp@ifrance.com
   |    |  |\ |  |  |  \\//   cclapp@prostate90.com