Re: X desktop keys

>> "AI" == Andrei Ivanov <c680789@showme.missouri.edu> writes:

AI> I just ran into an interesting thing: On my desktop, I accidently
AI> hit Shift+Alt+arrow key. I know that Alt+arry key switches between
AI> screens, bbut what does Shift+Alt+arrows do? It switches me into
AI> an empty screen, where I can open more windows, but where does it
AI> come from?  I'm thinking along the lines of virtual consoles....am
AI> I anywhere close?

Yes, but it is not something done by the kernel as the "normal"
consoles, but by the windowmanager.

I use fvwm2 with a 2x3 (=6 desks) setup, and with alt+arrow, I can
navigate trough them. I also have a pager, which shows all desks (and
which you can use to move to a desk or manipulate the windows).

On http://www.internet-treff.uni-koeln.de/~martin/shot.jpg (rather
big, beware), you can see the pager on the lower right corner.

Ciao,
	Martin