RE: Apt-get (dselect) wants to remove everything, by default

On 15-May-99 Pollywog wrote:
> Did you upgrade with 'dist-upgrade' or with some other command?
> Even I did not experience anything this bad.  I have a few problems, but I
> think apt-get is great.
>
> I did have to manually install a few held back packages for which I did not
> have requisite packages installed, though.

I did just notice a small problem, when I used  'apt-get dselect-upgrade', apt
wanted to install three additional packages.  Two of these I could use, but
there is one I do not know ("lintian") and another I don't want anything to do
with (emacsen-common).

I am having problems with just plain dselect now.  It cannot find Packages.gz
files.

--
Andrew

[PGP5.0 Key ID 0x5EE61C37]