Hardware working with Linux

Good morning fans,

I have noticed that several HOWTO's are way out-dated.  For example
the Hardware-HOWTO is from July 1998.  Same goes for the
Ethernet-HOWTO etc.  Thus they doesn't cover hardware which is
supported by Linux 2.2.x and newer.

However, there is a new service which has been opened to the Linux
community, called linuxhardware.net.  The maintainer, Mark Griskey,
told me that it is his goal to provide a list of user experiences with
hardware.  Thus the kernel source is not compiled to produce such a
list.

This is why I would like you to check out the website
http://www.linuxhardware.net/ and submit your experiences with your
hardware.  All Linux users would benefit from this since they could
easily find out if their hardware works well with Linux.

This is what Marc told me:

  Joey, thanks for the input.  However, although this site strives to
  collect as much information about harware as possible, the goal is
  to provide a list of user experiences with hardware.  If a piece of
  hardware is not mentioned, that is because no one submitted any
  information about it.  The goal is provide listing of people's
  experiences with a piece of hardware, complete with additional
  comments and updates chronicaling everything that was done to get it
  to work properly.  The site will only have as many items as users
  have submitted.

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall