RE: packages for dialing isp

*- On 13 May, Pollywog wrote about "RE: packages for dialing isp"

> On 13-May-99 Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> does anyone know where I can find a small X app so I can click to dial and
>> hangup and maybe see some options like choosing which ISP to dial, connect
>> speed etc?
>
> How about x-isp or kppp (for KDE users)?  If you use x-isp (you can search
> "xisp" on Yahoo for the URL) you will first need to install xforms.
>
> I might have the URL for x-isp.  I will send it to you if I find it.
> kppp is for KDE but xisp will work with any window manager.

xisp is packaged for Debian

Package: xisp
Section: contrib/net
Installed-Size: 430
Maintainer: Martin Bialasinski <martinb@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 2.5p4-1
Depends: ppp (>= 2.2.0f), libc6, libforms0.88, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), xpm4g (>= 3.4j
-0)
Suggests: menu (>= 1.5)
Filename: dists/stable/contrib/binary-i386/net/xisp_2.5p4-1.deb
Size: 170042
MD5sum: d85ccf93325250355515cee8b00cf4c2
 The xisp package implements a user-friendly X interface to pppd/chat
 and provides maximum feedback from the dial-in and login phases on a
 browser screen, as well as a manual login terminal window. It also
 provides greater versatility in interrupting a call in progress and in
 general enhances the user's feeling of "what's going on", especially if
 he/she is not all that well acquainted with the intricacies of system
 log files. Xisp also has means to track your phonecosts.

--
Brian