re: hp 7200i

>> DISABLE IDE Atapi CD-rom support, and ENABLE scsi >>emulation and
scsi
>> generic support.  This will make your IDE burner >>appear to
cdrecord,
>>etc
>> as a scsi drive on /dev/scd0 or /dev/sr0, or >>something like that.

>How will this affect my usage of a normal IDE Atapi >CD-rom?  Is it a
>question of either scsi or IDE?

Most people think that you must disable IDE cdrom support to use scsi
emulation, because the ide driver will win out.  It is possible to
specify on the lilo command line which driver a given device will use
(something like /dev/hdc=scsi).  If you have two cd rom drives, one is
an RW and the other is RO, you could specify that the RO is ide, and
the RW is scsi if you want.

===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze