Local archives

I hope that I have the right list, anyway if not please let me know and
I'll repost.  Here is my question:

I have a few packages that I have imported with alien or downloaded from
non-free, etc., that I installed on my system with dpkg.  this is really
no big deal because I have always kept track, made script records of all
of these package installations, and I haven't run into any problems I
couldn't handle.  However I am installing Debian on a computer for my
brother and I want to make these packages show up in the dselect listing
to make things as easy as possible for him (he presently knows nothing
of computers beyond solitare =).

I have three main local file archives that I want to keep separate for
maintainance sake, they are:

local - stuff that I imported with alien or came from unstable...
dists/local/binary-i386

non-free - stuff that I downloaded from slink...
dists/non-free/binary-i386

kde - the kde slink archive that was spoken of in news this week.
dists/kde/binary-i386

Right now I have the Packages files in each binary-i386 directory
respectively...

If I use apt-get method in dselect there is no problem on my computer
(this sounds good) but my brother is not on the net- from what I
understand apt-get won't keep track of the multi-cds or will it?

It seems as though if I use the multi-cd method that I will have to mix
my dist/kde with my dist/local which I don't want to do since I want to
be able to update my kde archive by replacing it and editing the file
listings in the Packages file.

So what I am asking is: can I get the best of both worlds and keep local
and kde seperate while still listing the multicds in dselect?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

William Lacy