Re: netdate - ntp - chrony ?

Christian Dysthe writes:

> I would really like to know the difference between netdate and
> ntp/chrony. And if you choose a time server to use with netdate,
> shouldn't it be just as accurate as if you used ntp?

No, though it may be quite accurate enough for your purposes.  The protocol
used by both chrony and xntp3 adjusts for propabation delay.  Chrony also
calculates the drift rate of your clock and makes adjustments while you are
off line.  Both chrony and xntp3 can act as time servers for your LAN.

The biggest advantage of chrony on a dial-up system like yours is that it
will just work straight out of the box.  No configuration necessary.