Re: internet connection with ibm global net

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 04:27:03PM +0000, mccorkle@pcisys.net wrote:
> I am helping a friend get Debin configured on his computer. The problem I
> am having concerns getting his internet access with IBM global net
> working. I would be interested in comparing notes with anyone who uses
> this service.

I've set up a couple of accounts with them.  There were only 2 issues.
First, I had to use another account to get to www.ibm.net to activate the
account (I could have waited for their CD to arrive and install Windows and
then use their install kit but that seemed like a PITA).  Second, the
username they provided was rather odd.   It went something like something
like usinet.username rather than just username.  I think there are some
Linux instructions buried in their support area so you might want to check.

--
Ray
maillists@sonictech.net