Re: dhcpc breaks when I use kernel 2.2.7

In article <VlNZ2.5948$fe3.343177@news2.rdc1.on.home.com> you wrote:

: Hi, I'm finally switching from kernel 2.0.35 to the new 2.2.7 kernel
: and I'm having problems with the dhcpc daemon.  Namely, it doesn't
: seem to work.

: My ethernet card shows up at boot time with both kernels, all daemons
: seem to start up properly with no errors.  Has anyone seen anything
: like this?

: I'm using the following dhcpcd client:
: dhcpcd          0.70-5         a DHCP client

The networking model for Linux change drastically between 2.0.x and
2.2.x.  DHCP completely breaks, do a search in dselect for dhcp, there
is a version which works.  If you don't see one, I know it's in
potato.

--
       Dan Nguyen          | It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
    nguyend7@msu.edu       | everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.