Re: libc6-2.1.1 ... safe to install?

In article <[🔎] XFMail.990510235837.pollywog@shadypond.com> you wrote:

: On 10-May-99 J Horacio MG wrote:
:> I have some packages which require version 2.1.1 from libc6 (which I
:> expect it can be found in potato).  My question is, do I have to expect
:> any problems if I install it in slink, or is it just as straight forward
:> as upgrading any other package?

: If you upgrade a slink installation to libc6 2.1.1, you will probably have
: some problems.  I know I did, and I went back to libc6 2.07

: I suppose you could upgrade to potato and avoid the problems.

: If you try it on a slink system, do not go back from the potato version of
: ld.so to the slink version or you will break the system; I just kept the newer
: ld.so when I went back to the older libc6.

Do not upgrade only libc6.  It will break your system if you do.  If
you want to upgrade to libc6, upgrade all the way to potato.

--
       Dan Nguyen          | It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
    nguyend7@msu.edu       | everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.