Re: Installing Debian

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Jayson Baird wrote:

> Anyone know of any trouble that when the kernel tries to load it causes a
> system reboot?
> Jayson S. Baird
> "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" -- Yoda
> jaysonsb@concentric.net/RobotJay@hotmail.com
> Russian: aleksandr1@rocketmail.com

I've seen this on a couple of boxes when starting from DOS/Windows using
loadlin. Rebooting DOS/Windows and doing an "F5" or "F8/Safe Mode Command
Prompt Only" solved the issue.

I've also seen weird behavior on a fresh install after downloading the
files (root.bin, resc1440.bin, loadlin.exe, etc) using Netscape
Communicator 4.x on a Windows box. Re-downloading the files using ftp
instead of Netscape solved that problem.

I doubt that either of these address your issue, but maybe....

 --
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu