Smooth, Fast Mouse Motion

I've been trying for several months now to get smooth, fast mouse
pointer motion in X without luck.

I've tried various 'xset m' settings, and I can either get smooth,
slow mouse motion, or fast, jerky motion, but not fast, smooth motion.

I do not like acceleration; I want smooth linear motion. Is there
any way to achieve this in X? The same machine and the same mouse give
me exactly what I want in Windows NT, but Windows NT is not what I'd
rather run.

--
Jerry Gardner     | "Bill Clinton has all the steely resolve resolve
w6uv@home.com     | of a kamakaze pilot on his 37th mission."