Re: printout being chopped off...

	Subject: printout being chopped off...
	Date: Tue, May 11, 1999 at 11:06:09AM -0700

Quoting Sudhakar Chandrasekharan(thaths@netscape.com):
> Hi,
>
> I have an Epson Color Stylus 640.  When I print 2-uped pages, a bit of the
> page (on the left hand side) gets chopped off.  I am printing to 'letter'
> paper.
>
> Here is what I tried:
>
> * Installed slink's lprng, gs (not gs-alladin), enscript, psutils and
> magicfilter.
> * Ran /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig and chose stylus800, stylus_color_360dpi
> and stylus_color_720dpi as filters.
> * When I print from Netscape Communicator using lpr -Pprinter_name, the
> output is fine.
> * When I try to use print from Netscape Communicator using 'psnup -c
> -Pletter -n 2 | lpr -Pprinter_name' I see that a little bit (about 2
> characters) gets chopped off on the left hand side (when seen
> length-wise).  It is not that the printed area "bleeds" off the end of the
> paper.  There is a definite non-printable border.  It is at the edge of the
> border and the printable area that the "bleed" occurs.
> * Tried printing from command line using 'enscript -2r -G -Mletter
> -Pprinter_name foo.txt'.  Same problem.
>
> * Installed lprng, enscript and psutils from slink.  Installed gs-aladdin
> and apsfilter from potato.
> * Configured apsfilter for uniprint driver for Epson Color Stylus 600.
> * Tried printing with psnup and enscript.  Same problem as before.
>
> I guess I need to somehow change the "printable area" parameter for
> papersize letter.  How do I do this in a system-wide way?
>
> Thanks.

I had a similar problem with my Brother Laser Printer.  I finally
fixed it by using a2ps and changing the papersize in a2ps.cfg
ie Medium: Letter   607     780.  I just keep changing it until I got
everything printing on the paper, correctly.

HTH

--
User n.:
        A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.