Re: libc6-2.1.1 ... safe to install?

This kind of strikes at something I've been wondering of late.  Slink,
back when Hamm was the stable dist, was pretty stable I thought.  I
realize that Potato started out hideously broken, mostly because of the
libc6 2.1.1, but that was a while back, and I'm now wondering if anyone
has any comments on how "stable" the unstable distribution is in
general.

Sean