Re: netscape weirdness and bus errors

>> "AB" == Alan Bailward <alan@northco.net> writes:

AB> I'm using /unstable, and a couple of upgrades ago some really,
AB> /really/ annoying netscape stuff started happening with 4.51.

AB> The first thing is when I have multiple netscape windows open, and
AB> close one, sometimes netscape will all go, and the entire thing
AB> has crashed with the following message:

AB> /usr/bin/X11/netscape: line 93: 6907[1] Bus Error $netscape "$@"

AB> The second case where this happens is when I press enter after
AB> putting a username/password into a dialogue box.

Both things are known errors with netscape and glibc2.1
Nothing you can do about this (the same things happen to me as well)
:-(

When I browse some important data on multiple sites, I don't dare to
close a window, so I just minimize it. About the password thing: this
usually happens if the username and/or password are longer than 8
characters.

Ciao,
	Martin