Re: Norton Commander for Linux?

Sounds like midnight commander: here's a link to the description

http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/utils/mc.html

I remeber a MC-based shell once upon a time, but haven't heard anything
about it in years.  For X, I don't know if anybody's make a tcl/tk
interface for it, but it should run fine in an xterm.  Xservers are based
on video hardware, not mainboard hardware, so any should do--matter of
fact you should have better performance with SVGA than I do (my chipset
needs linear addressing to do more than 256 colors, and I have RAM
addressed in that spot--linear addressing only works with less than 16M of
RAM)