xset - global settings

Hi all:

I'm experimenting with utilizing xset's dpms setting to suspend and
turn off my monitor. It works fine if I add a line like this:
/usr/X11R6/bin/xset dpms 300 600 900

to my .xsession.

Problem: I would like to go a step further and set this feature to
work even wiht graphical login screen. So that if I boot up my
computer, but don't want to login, the screen would be blanked after
certain time. Which script do I put the setting in?

I tried /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, /etc/X11/Xsession, and
/etc/X11/wdm/Xstartup_0, but I guess all these scripts are read only
*after* an actual login by a user.

--
Arcady Genkin