Re: [debian-user] configure a printer

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 04:09:42PM +0200, Jean-Marc Bourdaret wrote:
> After i have installed the 2.2.0 kernel, my printer stopped to work .
> magicfilterconfig didn't solve anything, i read somewhere that the new
> kernel implements a new
> kind of support for the parralel port, is it related to my problems ?
> how do i have to do in order to have my Canon BJC 4000 working ?
> is there a new driver for this printer ?
> i've edited the /etc/printcap but it doesn't help, the lpd ignores some
> requests or kill himself.

With the little information you've given (ie try including the
printcap, etc etc), my best guess is that while 2.0.x labeled the
parallel ports DOS-style, so lpt1 would be /dev/lp1, 2.2.x just labels
them in the order they are found (much more sane IMHO), so the first
parallel port is /dev/lp0.  Check to make sure you are using the right
port in /etc/printcap?  Otherwise try sending more information.

--
Ian Peters		"I never let schooling interfere with my education."
itp@gnu.org					-- Mark Twain