xset broke my monitor!?!

I tried the different powersaving modes of xset, but after I tried the
suspend option
my monitor just show a very thin bright vertical line. The line is width
is no wider then 1-4 pixels.
To accomplish this I first tested the off mode: `xset +dpms dpms 0 0 1`,
worked fine,
and the standby mode ` xset +dpms dpms 1 0 0`, also worked fine,
and the suspend mode: ` xset +dpms dpms 0 1 0` after I "woke" the monitor
the thin line was there, that is how I did it.

What I would like to know is if my monitor is completely damage or if it
is possible to fix it.
Has anyone done this and been able to fix their monitor again?
Is my monitor just garbage or can I, or someone else, mend it somehow?

--
  And I know that there  are people in this
  world who do not love their fellow human