Installing on a SCSI HD

>Hello everybody,
>
>How can install Debian2.1 on a SCSI HD?
>SCSI controller: Adaptec AHA-1510.
>I cannot choose the SCSI HD during installation just >booting from the
>rescue floppy. Linux cannot see the SCSI controller, I >believe. What
>can
>I do?
Make sure that you have the bios enabled on the scsi controller or
linux will not detect it.  You may have another problem, in that the
boot floppies have more than one scsi controller driver installed, and
adaptec controllers sometimes get screwed up by the probing for other
controllers.  If this happens then install a minimal system on the ide
drive, build a custom kernel that supports scsi, then enable the scsi
controller and move the system to the scsi hd.  This is what I had to
do on a system here (had to borrow an ide cd rom until the scsi system
was up so I could then use the scsi cd rom!)

===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....