Re: Installing on a SCSI HD

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Davide Anchisi wrote:

> How can install Debian2.1 on a SCSI HD?
> SCSI controller: Adaptec AHA-1510.

> I cannot choose the SCSI HD during installation just booting
> from the rescue floppy. Linux cannot see the SCSI controller, I
> believe. What can I do?

> I have a 486 with an IDE HD with windows95 and, on another
> partition, debian 2.0 (with not the SCSI controller drive yet)
> already mounted. (I want to remove 2.0 after installing 2.1 on
> the SCSI HD).

Hi Davide

You must have SCSI enabled in the kernel, and drivers for your
contoller. This means you probably will have to find a kernel to
put on your boot floppy.

If you will tell me what your system requires, then after my exams
are over, i.e. after May 15, I will compile a kernel and make the
kernel available for down load.

I hope someone else will fill in more of the details.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
		 (I hope this is all of the above.)