help: host name unqualified

Hi

My computer uses a dial-up connection to the internet. I installed 'bind' and 'sendmail'( hamm packages) and configured them according to DNS-HOWTO and SENDMAIL-ADDRESS-REWRITE HOWTO exactly. Now i still have problems:

1. when make aliases database using 'newaliases'  i get following message:

WARNING: local host name (hylx) is not qualified; fix $j in config file
/etc/mail/aliases: 5 aliases, longest 9 bytes, 64 bytes total

2. sendmail startup delay not eliminated and my syslog says:

hash map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/mail/aliases: No such file or directory

sendmail[2406]: My unqualified host name (hylx) unknown;
sleeping for retry

If anyone knows how to resolve it please drop me a message. TIA