FW: using a remote drive with taper

System 1: 486 with scsi and a DAT
System 2: K6 with no scsi :)
Both are running latest potato and 2.2.x kernels.

What I want to do is backup to the DAT from the K6, and I'd like to use
taper. I can tar to user@486box:/dev/st0 or /dev/nst0 just fine, and from
within taper I can do the various tape testing things, so I think that all
the permissions and config stuff is fine.

However, when I try to back up, it rewinds the user@486 drive, then errors out
saying that the device is busy.  What I *think* is going on is that the DAT is
ACK'ing to the rewind right away, and the K6 tries to start accessing it again
before that rmt is actually done, so it thinks the drive is busy.

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this, or any guesses about something
else that might be causing it?

Thanks,
Moses

--