Re: how to keep output of apt-get in a file ?

Peter Weiss <pewe@ifconnection.de> writes:

> Khalid> did someone know if apt-get keep it's output somewhere, or the way to do
> Khalid> it ?
> Khalid>     because the long list of thing to do during the install ?
>
> Khalid>     I try :
> Khalid>         apt-get upgrade 1>&2 apt-get_output.txt
> Khalid>     but I don't see what is wrong.
>
> Hello,
>
>     I used the script utility from the bsdutils package but would be
>     interested in a more readable solution cause script reports all control
>     characters as well.
>
>             Peter

     The script output file can be cleaned up in emacs (although it's
a bit tedious).  The first step is to get rid of the ^Ms with M-%
C-q C-m [ENT] [ENT].

     A tee command should allow the output to be redirected to a file
and remain visible on the screen (I haven't tested this) :
     apt-get upgrade 2>%1 |tee apt-get_output.txt

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>