RE: Samba completely crash my system!

 I'd say that it was most likely to be a scsi problem, check you logs and
see if the are any messages about scsi being reset.  Personally, I have had
very little trouble with samba but my one of my scsi drives would
occasionally spaz and kill whatever transfer I had been doing.

Also what kind of crash?  System reboot type or something less severe.

--Dano