IRQ and PS/2

You wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have run out of IRQs.....
Well, actually I have one left (IRQ12), but it is reserved for PS/2
bus.
I do not have a manual for my motherboard, so I do not know how to
disable
the ps/2 bus. I have a regular serial mouse and AT-type (5-pin)
keyboard.
The motherboard also has something called PS/2 mouse header pins. So I
thought, since I can not disable the ps/2 bus (no manual) I could
connect
somehow a PS-mouse to the computer and free an IRQ from a serial port.

Could some one suggest how to connect the mouse to these pins, if it is
possilble. Where can I get the correct adapter?

Thank you,

ZORO
If you can figure out how to get into the bios setup on you motherboard
there should be a place to disable the mouse, lpt, serial ports, etc..
<ctrl><alt><->(on keypad) will do it.

If you replace your floppy with and ide ls120 drive (assuming your bios
can boot an ls120, a suplemental bios on an isa card is sold for use
with the ls120 if not) you could disable your floppy and replace it
with an ls120 and then reclaim your floppies interrupt.
===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....