Re: network card problem

"Keith G. Murphy" <keithmur@mindspring.com> writes:

> Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> >
> > i'm installing two new pcs at work, one with solaris x86 and one with debian
> > so that i can show my employer how much nicer debian is. unfortunately
> > there is one major problem: the hamm cd i have is not successfully detecting
> > the ne2k (well, encore enl832tx, which has a realtek chipset according to
> > the tech support guy) pci 10/100 ethernet card on the machine. i've read the

Which Realtek chip? I have two PCI cards with Realtek chips. One of
them is Realtek 8029, and that requires ne2k driver. The other one is
Realtek 8139, and it has a different driver called rtl8139. Make sure
you're using the right driver.

If it is 10/100, then it must be the 8139 IMHO, because 8029 is 10-baseT.

Sorry if I've pointed out the obvious.
--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE