Re: Copying system to another disk

I just tried doing this, and ran into an interesting problem.  I think that it had to
do with copying /lib over, but when it finished untarring the new system, it just gave
me a login prompt.  I logged in, got the message of the day, told me I had no mail,
and then gave me the login prompt.  when I tried to reboot with ctrl-alt-delete it
asked for the administrator password for maintenance, which didn't seem to work.
Basically I needed to hit the reset switch, and then install the system from scratch.
So be careful.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu