Re: Creating PDF files

Thats cool, so all I have to do is write a neat GUI front end
and I have adobe distiller, Nice...

Thanks for your help.
John.

Martin Oldfield wrote:

> You might have more success in keeping links if you translate the html
> to ps with html2ps and then run GhostScript to get a pdf file. The
> manual for this program says:
>
> The PostScript code generated by html2ps contains calls to the pdfmark
> operator, that are instructions to a PostScript-to-PDF converter (such
> as version 5.0 or later of Aladdin Ghostscript, or Adobe Acrobat
> Distiller). These instructions generate hyperlinks in the PDF
> document, from the hyperlinks in the original HTML documents. A PDF
> outline entry, or bookmark, is also generated from the HTML headings.
>
> html2ps isn't Debianized, but is easy to install from the
> tarball. You can get it from http://www.tdb.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Martin Oldfield.
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard