Re: Creating PDF files

I have had success creating pdf's from our web site using
netscape (to create a .ps file) and then using ps2pdf.

There is a slight difference with ps2pdf and Acrobat (Distiller)
in that Acrobat can convert a whole web site, including links,
into a pdf.  I dont know of anyway to emulate this using
netscape (print to file) and ps2pdf, as there is a loss of the
meaning of the links.

I have not heard of any other tools (apart from acrobat) that
can achieve this.

John.

Bernd Mayer wrote:

> wonglhg schrieb:
> >
> > Is there a non-commercial package (.deb or otherwise) to create pdf
> > files from other file formats (jpeg, tiff, bmp)?
> >
>  Hello wonglhg,
>
> ps2pdf works.
> First step: create a ps file (by printing to a file). Second step: with
> ps2pdf you may convert ps to pdf.
>
> good luck with linux
>
> Bernd Mayer
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard