Re: Recommendation for best Linux book

Dale Scheetz wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>
> > Since the license allows electronic redistribution, it could go
> > into non-free.  I wonder why it hasn't been packaged yet.  Dale?
> >
> > I'd do it, but it seems silly if the author can but chooses not to.
>
> To be honest, it seemed a bit egotistical to me...

Not at all.  It's valuable info for new users (new to Linux, or
new only to Debian).

> I would be very happy if someone else packaged it.

Okay, in that case, I'll put it on my TODO list.  Since there not
much to do with it, it shouldn't take long at all to package!  (I
just finished packaging the MH book, but that was a bit more
involved: renaming .htm to .html, compressing all the files and
changing the URLs everwhere, creating a Perl cgi search engine,
etc).

I noticed a few HTML errors which I'll correct (turns to bold and
never comes back at some point, etc) but I guess I'll leave it
as-is in one big file.  Maybe add a search engine?  But users can
already use their browser's FIND function, so that's not a big
issue.

I'll post an intent to package soon.

Peter