Re: Recommendation for best Linux book

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Cliff Draper wrote:

> I'm looking for a good intro/intermediate Linux book for a friend.
> Any recommendations?  Is the O'Reilly book any good?
>
> thanks,
> -Cliff
>  cliffwd@forte.com

Cliff,

Linux press has a book that does a lot of what you are asking.  It
is written by Dale Scheetz, who is a Debian developer.  It comes
with 4 Debian 2.1 CDs It is much more than just an installation
book, it deals with issues that anyone using Linux should be
familiar with.

The best part: you can down load an electronic copy for free, at
www.linuxpress.com. If buy the hard copy, you get 30 days of email
support.  The price is about $40, but you can get it for about $32
on Cheapbytes web site.

I have the 1.3 version. I like it a lot, as it is still useful,
though this version is a little dated.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with Dale Scheetz nor Linux press
other than being a satisfied with this book and the distribution
on these CDs.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                        (Thanks guys!)