Which network card to buy

Hello,

I am setting up a Debian system as a firewall so I will  need to buy a
network cards.  Which network cards have you had good luck with?  What
should I look for and stay away from?

In looking in a catalog I have seen network cards from Intel, 3COM, SMC,
Allied Telesyn, NetGear, and Samsung.  Are there any mfg's I should stay
away from?

the system I am going to use has a built-in network card on the
motherboard.  This is a DELL Pent 133 system we purchased a few years
ago.  I have one free PCI slot on this computer, so I have two choices.

1. But 1 PCI card and use the motherboard network card.
2. Buy 2 ISA cards and just ignore the motherboard network card.

Which option would be the easiest to install?

Thanks,

Doug Thistlethwaite