Re: Where is jdk1.2 debian package

mxu1  <mxu1@broadway.gc.cuny.edu> writes:
mxu1> I have to upgrade my jdk1.1.7 to jdk1.2 to mmet the requirement
mxu1> of my course.
mxu1>
mxu1> Has anyone made a jdk1.2 debian package?

I don't think there's a Debian package of it yet.  I've got the binary
package from Blackdown installed in /usr/local and it works more or
less fine.

mxu1> I noticed there are some discussions about difficulties for jdk
mxu1> in glibc2.1. So what is the best route to upgrade to jdk1.2 ?

The binary package works fine under glibc 2.1 *if* you always run with
no JIT compiler and green threads.  So run

        java -green -Djava.compiler= myclass
        javac -green foo.java

See README.linux in the distribution for more information.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://donut.mit.edu/dmaze/
"Hey, Doug, do you mind if I push the Emergency Booth Self-Destruct Button?"