Re: xterm/top horizontal scrollbar

> I have Top loading in an Xterm window in Fvwm2.  I set Top to display
> the command line instead of the command name and some of the command
> lines are well off the right edge of the Xterm window.  I can resize the
> window to view these command lines but I was hoping I could find an
> option to Xterm to add a horizontal scrollbar.  I've looked at the man
> pages for Top and Xterm and don't see anything like that.  I notice
> Xconsole has such a scrollbar.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to
> set up Xterm with such a scrollbar or is there another option that would
> suit my wants better?
> Thanks,
> kent

Your window manager may be able to do this.  I am using fvwm2, and in
the window menu there is an option `scrollbar' which enables a
horizontal and a vertical scrollbar added around the window by the
window manager, but that the xterm itself is unaware of.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)