Re: xterm/top horizontal scrollbar

*- On 23 Apr, ktb wrote about "xterm/top horizontal scrollbar"
> I have Top loading in an Xterm window in Fvwm2.  I set Top to display
> the command line instead of the command name and some of the command
> lines are well off the right edge of the Xterm window.  I can resize the
> window to view these command lines but I was hoping I could find an
> option to Xterm to add a horizontal scrollbar.  I've looked at the man
> pages for Top and Xterm and don't see anything like that.  I notice
> Xconsole has such a scrollbar.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to
> set up Xterm with such a scrollbar or is there another option that would
> suit my wants better?
> Thanks,
> kent

I don't think it works like that.  Top is reading the dimensions of the
terminal window(stty size) and truncating the display to the correct
number of columns. The default for xterm is to wrap long lines, from
man xterm:

       autoWrap (class AutoWrap)
               Specifies whether or not auto-wraparound should be
               enabled.  The default is ``true.''

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

--
Brian