Re: apt sources line

*- On 25 Apr, Mark Wagnon wrote about "Re: apt sources line"
> George Bonser wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so what is the line to pick up the slink-proposed-updates packages?
>>

> I dunno. I checked out
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/proposed-updates/. There is a packages
> file in that directory, but there are debs for all the architectures
> there too.
>
> Will apt-get be able to sort them out? I don't know that either :). I
> wonder what would happen if you tried to install an alpha package on an
> i386 machine?

Then you need a sources.list line of

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists proposed-updates/

And yes it will sort out which are i386, sparc, etc.  In fact, if you
look at the list in dselect it won't even show the architecture field.

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net