Re: debian-user-digest Digest V99 #746

I finally upgraded to slink, and everything seems fine; there were
only minor glitches in the upgrade---I had to install telnet and
telnetd manually, for instance. (Thanks to Jason Gunthorpe for advice
about using multiple CD's with the new apt.)

There's a new message when I boot, though:

   lspci not found, so PCI resource conflict not checked

This didn't appear before the upgrade.

I see that lspci is contained in the pciutils packages, but according
to the information in the Packages file, that package requires kernel
version 2.1.82 or higher. I'm running 2.0.35.

Anyone know why this message is appearing? Any advice?

Thanks,

Jim