printing in kde kmail

Hi,

	I am running slink and have kde desktop setup and running nicely.
However, I can't seem to get any printing done in it.  It seems that when I
print in kmail or with the kde web browser I get a whole bunch of ascii
characters output into my printer and subsequently printed.  I have no clue as
to how to even begin to fix this because the documentation for kde doesn't say
much about printing.  I am using apsfilter as my printer filter and it works
great with all the other program on my system that doesn't have anything to do
with kde like netscape and wordperfect and etc.  Anyway, does anyone have any
idea what I should do in order to correct this problem?  Any clue would be
appreciated.

Shawn Nguyen