Re: ALI V

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 15:40 -0300, Paulo J. da Silva e Silva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a super 7 mother board with ALI V chipset. This chipset is not directly
> supported by kernel 2.2, but there is a patch to support (and some others) at:
>
> http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma/
>
> If I understand well these are the "official" ide developers for the linux
> kernel. So I am considering to give it a try.
>
> Anyone out there that got udma on ALI V working with this patch?

Yup, works fine with my 2.2.3 kernel and Asus P5A mobo. Mind you, I had a
problem with IRQ timeouts, so that DMA couldn't be set, but it was fixed
when I got proper PC100 memory for some reason.

Cheers
	Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.2.3
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request