Re: Daylight Savings Time

Greg Frye <gfrye@arb.ca.gov> writes:

> I want my machine to ignore daylight savings.  I get no manual entry for
> 'man tzconfig' and command not found for 'tzconfig'.  Is there another
> way to configure timezone and disable daylight savings?
>
> I am running Debian 1.3 (is that the problem?).

     In my bo machine, tzconfig is at /usr/sbin/tzconfig.  /usr/sbin
is usually not in a user's path.  Try ls -l /usr/sbin/tzconfig to see
if its there.  I'm not sure if it requires root permissions to execute
it (it doesn't on my machine, but I have changed a lot of permissions,
since I am the only user).

     The time stamp on your message shows -0800.  I believe your best
solution would be to choose `posixrules' from the tzconfig.  In
potato, at least, posixrules are backward from the usual time spec -
GST-10 is a zone named GST that is 10 hours ahead (east) of
UTC. Therefore, GST+8 is a time eight hours behind (west of) GMT.

HTH

Bob
--
   _