Exim allowing external mail...

How do I configure exim to allow mail from non-local hosts?  It seems
as though my current (mostly default) exim setup will not allow me to
receive mail from anywhere other than my domain, uiuc.edu.  I
currently have all my mail sent to my University email account, then
fetchmail from there.  But I've been trying to subscribe to the
WindowMaker mailing list, and their list server is really picky about
where mail comes from -- I subscribe to my school's email address, but
the mail comes from my machine, so it doesn't allow my mail.  So I
tried to subscribe with my machine name, but I'm not getting the
confirmation notice because (I think) Exim is disallowing mail outside
of the uiuc.edu domain.  I've had this come up on other occations,
i.e. not receiving mail sent specifically to my machine from outside
of my domain.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,