Re: HELP TO INSTALL DEBIAN FROM CD-ROM

I had the exact same problem, I've also met several others with the exact
same prob but despite seeing this same problem on this mail  list about 4
times no one has been able to find the root of the problem. The way I got
around it was to manually add the isofs module. Find it (maybe from
another linux installation) put it on a floppy or mountable partition,
copy into /lib/modules/<your kernel>/fs/
edit /lib/modules/<you kernel>/modules.dep, run modprobe isofs
and try dselect again.  I think maybe there was a buggy image out there
that we got our CD from.	Good luck	marlon