found a cheap ($20) pcmcia modem

I wouldn't normally send this, but I stumbled across a cheap 28k pcmcia
modem from what seems to be a nice place.  I called after stumbling
over another modem listing that turned out to be for a cellular modem.
He looked up this one, and when i told him it was more than i wanted to
pay, he offered it for $15 (shipping was $5.03)--and he checked the
warehouse and called me back with the description from the box since
I'd told him a winmodem wouldn't work.  It's hpa.net, the salesguy was
brian wilson.

THeir stuff is new from returned opened packages as i understand it.

I recall someone else was looking for it a while back.  If you order
one, mention Linux & his checking; it will be interesting to see how
they'd react to a wave of linux purchases . . .

rick